Friday, November 12, 2010

Pregnancy So Far: Pro/Con

PREGNANCY SO FAR
CONS
(-) constant nausuea. This shit is no joke. I spent all of september and october trapped in nausea/vomitting hell. For two months, I felt like I was in a massive hangover, and to all my friends at work, that's exactly what it seemed like. I looked like shit, I vommitted 3-4 times a day and wasn't really eating. I lost weight. This part blows.
Eventually, I worked out some finely-tuned systems for managing the nausea, which I compiled into a list.
(-) fatigue. Also no joke. To be fair though, I was already a very serious 8-hours-of-sleep-every-night gal, so my current 9 (sometimes 10) isn't really that huge of an adjustment.
(-)  Constant fear of miscarriage. See other post and post

(+) SEX DREAMSSSSSS  seeing how shitty I feel for most of the day, these make my nights a relief on so many levels. These dreams are epic, by the way. Its like pregnancy has unscrambled the spice channel in my mind.
(+) Hearing the hearbeat!
(+) growing a human inside you! I still can't believe this is the system for maintaining the human race. If I was a martian, I would place my bets on the stork story before believing that humans grow inside of other humans and then come out of a very small hole. I'm surprised we've lasted this long.
Anyway, even though I think its conceptually bizarre, I feel a great sense of accomplishment. I'm growing a human! I know I can't really take full credit, I had Ben's help and well, evolutionary biology is doing most of the heavy lifting here- but dammit, this thing is incubating inside me!
I love it when Ben and I talk about our days, because no matter what he accomplished (and its usually a great deal since he is in the process of building us a house), I win because I'm making a human! Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment