Friday, August 26, 2011

Breastfeeding Vs. Me: Round II

Alright-- so recently my milk has just about dried up. Yes, I'm a dried up old hag, officially. I tried to pump, tried to get Mirabel to suckle/feed anyway to stimulate production, and was wildly unsuccessful in both.
I just spent a few weeks sulking, but now I'm up for round two.
Breastfeeding now has the cards stacked against me, since now I'll be attempting to 're-lactate.' Clearly, M. will never be an exclusively breastfed baby, but I'm hoping I can at least get her some of that magical elixir out of these teets.
I met with a lovely lactation consultant at The Birth Center and here's the plan she worked up for me:
  • take domperidone
  • take fenugreek
  • drink H20 'till I swim
  • Pump 6-8x/day (HOLY SHIT)
  • Look at pics of M. while pumping to stimulate loving-mama feelings
Pump 6-8x/day!? This is going to be horrible. That, by the way, includes to mid-night feedings.
Well, I'm going to start sometime next week...I'll let you know how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment